Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Reality, Chaos, and Invisibility

So I've been watching reality television shows every day for the past week during my psychology class, because the AP test is over with (thank the FSM). I've discovered that I'm basically the only one in the room who dislikes them. During pranking shows, as I'm cringing for the stores and employees dealing with the apparently insane person screwing with them, my classmates are laughing at the idea of strangers cursing out cashiers and causing pointless, unrefined, unguided chaos. Seriously? I have nothing against guided chaos, the kind that results in people thinking about what's normal and why it's normal, but I do have a thing against people walking into pet stores and chewing on squeak toys for fifty bucks. That's just shock value.

Plus, the guys telling them what to do have the maturity of ten-year-olds, if I'm reading their suggestions right. So. Brain-dullingly. Stupid.

Anyway.



I don't think I register on the teachers' radars anymore. I can be wandering the halls whenever, and so long as I appear to be purposefully walking somewhere, they'll just smile at me and let me go. I'm pretty sure at this point I could just leave campus during my independent study and no one would notice or care. Too bad I actually have to study. And, y'know, pay for gas to get anywhere.

But, case in point: I'm leaning against a wall, outside the fine arts section of the building, typing away, and four separate teachers have asked me about my day as they walk down the hall. None of them have asked why I'm here. I'm thinking I should do an experiment using this new-found principle of Not Being Seen-ness. Any suggestions, non-existent readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment