School becomes a thousand times better when there are no seniors. (No offense, seniors.) I've had four study halls today, because my classes were depopulated. I also got to culture bacteria, play with fire, and participate in a psychology experiment on my psych teacher.
The psych experiment involved really high pitched noises and recording her reaction to them. Evidently, she's deaf/old, because she couldn't hear anything above 14 kHz, while I was clutching my skull and whimpering at 21 kHz. I should probably mention that this experiment was not my idea. It was in fact the idea of my friend, who enjoys tormenting me almost as much as - wait, no, scratch that, tormenting me is his favorite hobby.
Important note to anyone who didn't already assume the semi-obvious: Suddenly and desperately clamping your hands over your ears in a seemingly silent classroom while vilely insulting your best friend, who is maintaining a straight face in spite of the fact that he hears this awful, awful noise too, is a really good way to make your teacher assume you're mentally ill. Until a note is played that she can hear, of course, which took a while.
Important note to anyone who is thinking of trying this: Don't. It will result in someone, sooner or later, smacking you upside the head repeatedly and then stealing your computer to make the noise stop. Or so I've heard. I totally did not do this. Of course not.
Also, 21 kHz is like someone trying to repeatedly slice your skull with monofilaments. It's completely painful and it just. Won't. Stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment