Thursday, October 4, 2012

Homecoming

Hello people. First of all, I need to announce that my posting schedule is going to become way more erratic now. I was in denial about this at the beginning of the year, and that denial created this big long gap in posts. So. I shall still update. But not regularly. Sorry.

Second of all - it's homecoming week this week. Which is awesome. The week before homecoming sucked, because I had to plan the first pep rally and get everything ready for that, which was a surprisingly large amount of work, but now my bit's over and all I need to do is enjoy the week and destroy the younger classes at tug-of-war. I have gloves, even, to get a better grip, and tennis shoes for traction on the gym floor. Oh yeah. I'm hardcore.

I've rediscovered my girlyness a bit during the wonderful event known as float-building. (It's self-explanatory. We build a float for the homecoming parade. For some reason, we do this with wood, chicken wires, and lots and lots of napkins.) I've been sitting and gossiping and stuffing napkins through chicken wire the past three nights and getting about five hours of sleep per night. I've also borrowed a homecoming dress from a friend, and aside from being a bit short, I love it. It's very purple. I may wear it with argyle tights. I may even post a picture of it all here, if I get one I like.

-Up to the Minute News- I just showed some other people the dress. The general consensus is pretty, but perhaps scandalously shirt. Which means in the context of this school, longer than a pair of short-shorts but more than six inches above the knee.

I've introduced the school to the wonder that is bacon salt - a wonderful wonder indeed. I am currently trying to give away as much popcorn as I can, and contemplating whether lunch is worth it when I just ate my weight in crepes and Nutella. It may not be. If all else fails, I can subsist on popcorn for the rest of the day. I've got a lot of popcorn. Like, a lot a lot. Although Yearbook seems to be eating through it pretty well. That, and my bacon salt.

I'm not actually going to go technobowling for homecoming. It was close there, for a while, but instead we decided technobowling is next week, and that we'll wear our homecoming outfits to do it. We're cool like that. Definitely. And it's laser tag before prom in the spring.  We're so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment