Wow. You kept reading? Cool.
As you might have figured out by reading the rest of my blog, I'm not exactly the type of girl who reads 17 or can make a guy fall for me in less than two days. Really, I'm not. My theme song is this:
Which is especially fitting because I spend Saturday mornings and Wednesday evenings in the tech building wearing goggles and using tools that shoot sparks and occasionally try to set my hair on fire. I've never been a particularly stereotypical high school girl, which means that now that my female friends at school are giving me meaningful looks and breaking out in the Matchmaker song from Fiddler on the Roof whenever I'm around, I'm more than a little nervous.
Example: I go to talk to them about a scheduling conflict, now resolved, that I was at the moment freaking out over. I make the poor choice of starting the conversation off by saying, "Guess what?"
And because my friends are awful human beings, one says, "You're in love with.... This christmas tree?" while giving friend 2 a significant look.
Friend 2's eyes get wide. Then she looks at me and then back to friend 1, then out into the auditorium, which was filling up with people before our performance. A certain dude was walking at that moment.
Then both friends did this:
![]() |
| That's when I realized I was screwed. |
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT to all younger girls who may be reading this: that one super girly friend? She's a good source of information, but SHE WILL TRY TO SET YOU UP. Oh god.
So I'm sort of expecting to start getting texts or find out that I've been scheduled to have a lunch date or something tomorrow. Honestly, it would not surprise me at all. I feel sorry for the guy in question, because no one deserves that pair set on them when they want to know/want you to do something.
So. Here's hoping that this doesn't get screwed up somehow.

No comments:
Post a Comment