Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Epigraphs and Meat Monsters

So my internet connection died yesterday before I could post. Reached my word count, although a lot of it is probably going to get cut. Too much straw woman morality, too little actual story. But I hit 2000 words! I don't think I have anywhere near enough background put in yet. Maybe an epigraph at the start of each chapter, giving little bits of history?

I'm not cursed. Or it wore off. Which is much appreciated - death by bleeding out through the nose is not one of my priorities.

In other news, I just got the book John Dies At The End, by David Wong, and I'm loving it. I'm only on page 43, but it already has that weird and slightly disturbing humor that I love. The whole thing reminds me of a cross between a gory Slenderman blog and Wong's articles on Cracked.com. And there's a meat-monster that's killed by a televangelist over the phone. Very dramatic for page thirty-something. I am filled with slightly disgusted glee. ^^

Link of the Day: John Dies At The End. Read it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment