So far, so good. I've finished the first 2,000 words of my rebellion, and I'm only mildly cursed.
I stayed up last night to get in my first couple words at midnight and finished my first seven hundred words.That was fun - I haven't stayed up for the start of a writing month yet, so it was a definite rush. The first page sucks, of course, but that's what editing is for.
As for the curse I mentioned, I've noticed a slightly alarming trend beginning, even though I'm on all of day one (three occurrences count as a trend, right?). I start bleeding from the nose every time I stop writing. No joke. For example, once I called it quits at around one this morning after, I got a nosebleed. Well, that was just unfortunate - no one likes a nosebleed at one AM - but as I'm no stranger to them, I simply staunched the flow, shrugged it off, and went to bed. But then this morning, I wrote another five hundred words, and promptly got another nosebleed. That was odd, I thought, but not completely unexpected - it had been less than ten hours since the last one, after all. Then, roughly ten minutes ago, I completed my word count, and once again I start leaking blood. I'm glad that I'm not writing by hand, because at this rate my notebook would start looking like a prop in a horror movie before I reach 15k/25 pages.
I'm glad I got a decent start. It makes it so much easier to keep going, knowing that you were able to get that beginning down. (It's a crap beginning, but again, that's what editing is for!) Now to keep it up with school tomorrow. Perhaps I can use my curse to good effect during less interesting classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment